A choice between two watches - did I make the right one

User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: CW C8 Vs. Speedbird III - Which would you choose

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a bird

    6 85.71%
  • No its a plane (well a C8 aviator)

    1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: A choice between two watches - did I make the right one

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A choice between two watches - did I make the right one

    Hi all,

    I had a CW C8 LE on order. Unfortunately, delivery was held up on at least two occasions due to various supplier/quality issue. Whilst waiting patiently, Eddie at Timefactors released the new Speedbird III, so I was faced with a dilemna. Ignore the Speedbird and hold out for the C8 (promised delivery this week), or cancel the C8 and buy a Speedbird.

    Here are the two watches (pictures courtesy of CW and Timefactors).




    I went for the Speedbird. Question is did I make the right choice and why? I have my own views of course, but I'm interested to see what others think.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    68
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Go Eddie,

    But there is always a decision to make....

    #womw
    info@atgvintagewatches.com
    Call: +44 (0) 203 544 4012
    Official Dealers
    Bremont, Dodane 1857 & PITA Barcelona

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Oh yes...



    Much prefer the Speedbird, I'm a sucker for those type 48 hands and I like the clarity of the dial. The CW is not in the same class as far as I'm concerned, cluttered dial, clumsy handset, over sized 12 markers and I really don't like the circular date window or its position. Apart from that it's a thing on beauty .

    You definitely made the right decision Bob, well done .

    Cheers,

    Gary

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    63
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post


    Much prefer the Speedbird, I'm a sucker for those type 48 hands and I like the clarity of the dial. The CW is not in the same class as far as I'm concerned, cluttered dial, clumsy handset, over sized 12 markers and I really don't like the circular date window or its position. Apart from that it's a thing on beauty .

    You definitely made the right decision Bob, well done .

    Cheers,

    Gary
    Gary - you forgot to mention the unhappy duck at 12!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsbitz59 View Post
    Gary - you forgot to mention the unhappy duck at 12!
    That was the 'over sized markers at 12' bit, but now you've said unhappy duck I see exactly what you mean .



    Cheers,

    Gary

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another vote here for the SBIII.

    There seems too much going on with the CW dial TBH. Much prefer the un-cluttered look of the Speedbird

    Good choice

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    That was the 'over sized markers at 12' bit, but now you've said unhappy duck I see exactly what you mean .



    Cheers,

    Gary
    Dang, now I see it too - a pi$$ed off Daffy Duck! Now that I see it, it would bother me too. I guess the Speedbird was the right choice then.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like the bracelet on that Speedbird. Good looking watch.
    Hook "Em

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    68
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Speedbird.

    A friend of mine has the original and after owning a number of cool watches that have now gone he still wears the TF watch. I agree with Gary!
    #womw
    info@atgvintagewatches.com
    Call: +44 (0) 203 544 4012
    Official Dealers
    Bremont, Dodane 1857 & PITA Barcelona

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    Speedbird.

    A friend of mine has the original and after owning a number of cool watches that have now gone he still wears the TF watch. I agree with Gary!
    What!

    Did I just read that right? You feeling OK mate?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •