User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Bremonts HMS Victory Watch anounced at Basel

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    1,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a very, very nice watch and I'd very much like to see one in the flesh, but if it is £11k+ then it is out of my range this year

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some more images of what the front, side and rear of case will look like are pictured here.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwalker9 View Post
    Some more images of what the front, side and rear of case will look like are pictured here.
    Absolutely stunning watch, the detail on the case back is amazing and the wood inlay is a touch of class. I would love to be the proud owner of one these. A piece of British history.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjembleton View Post
    Absolutely stunning watch, the detail on the case back is amazing and the wood inlay is a touch of class. I would love to be the proud owner of one these. A piece of British history.
    I agree,that wood inlay is brilliant. Perhaps the only criticism I can level of the rear is that it almost looks too busy,however I'm sure that's just a quirk of the 3d pic.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    10,732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    68
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    first time I've seen the case back.... the wood isa round the outside and the impression in the 'crystal display back' is from Admiral Nelson's personal 'seal' tht Bremont should be a couple of weeeks ago... I'll upload from my phone tomorrow... this watch is shaping up amazingly!




    and the scroll work where you can see the 'copper' from the large nail underneath will be very, very cool!

    #womw
    info@atgvintagewatches.com
    Call: +44 (0) 203 544 4012
    Official Dealers
    Bremont, Dodane 1857 & PITA Barcelona

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    238
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Love the front, side and back are too playful and too much british history for me...not that I could afford it anyway...

    Please give me a not limited edititon with this layout and movement, Bremont.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Paris (France)
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very nice and exclusive watch! But no no no, as a frogs legs eater, I can't give any support to this project!!! Trafalgar is not a good memory in French history, at all!!! But what about a new project with a watch called "Austerlitz" with some parts of Napoleon saber and medals????

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diak View Post
    Very nice and exclusive watch! But no no no, as a frogs legs eater, I can't give any support to this project!!! Trafalgar is not a good memory in French history, at all!!! But what about a new project with a watch called "Austerlitz" with some parts of Napoleon saber and medals????
    You might have to ask B&R to do that...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    and the scroll work where you can see the 'copper' from the large nail underneath will be very, very cool!
    So the copper is in the sides? I thought it was in the rotor. It's hard to tell in the picture.

    Stupid bank account. Limiting my lifestyle yet again...
    TexZan
    2011 C-17 Globemaster, gray face with red hands, #021

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexZan View Post
    So the copper is in the sides? I thought it was in the rotor. It's hard to tell in the picture.

    Stupid bank account. Limiting my lifestyle yet again...
    I think the caseback shot is just a mockup to show the engraving on the underside of the sapphire glass, as the movement doesn't look *quite* right to me. The copper on the should should look lovely.

    The seal looks a little like the "Copenhagen" seal, but I can't seem to find the one on which is was based (searched the Greenwich collection and will move on to Plymouth next!)

    M
    Your bleeding-edge Now is always someone else’s past. Someone else’s ’70s bellbottoms. Grasp that and start to attain atemporality.

    the #watchnerd

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •